Our Earliest Learners
Last Updated by
Let's start from the very beginning and look at the ways that we ensure physical health and well-being for babies. For those of you with older children, think about and remember ways that you interacted with your children when they were infants.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What are some ways to ensure the safety and well-being of your baby that were not mentioned in the video?
Learning at Home Resources from PBS KIDS and PBS Parents
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: A Visit to the Doctor (2:33) - Daniel Tiger and his mom talk about what happens at a doctor visit. You can use this video to help your child prepare for her check up at the doctor.
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: A Checkup at the Doctor (1:57) - In this live-action video from Daniel Tiger, you and child can watch a boy go through his checkup at the doctor’s office, from the waiting room, to measurements, to talking with the doctor.
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: Doctor Daniel - Your child can play this game from Daniel Tiger to make believe she is the doctor and learn about what tools a doctor uses during a checkup.
- Sid the Science Kid: Super Duper Antibodies - Help Sid fight the flu virus by giving him a vaccination and then seeing how the antibodies attack the virus in the body. Use this game with your child to help him better understand how immunizations work.
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: Doctor Play - Make your own pretend doctor instruments to play pretend doctor. Playing about a visit to the doctor gives your child a way to rehearse some of the procedures that will happen there.
- Arthur: Handling Fear - Help your child learn strategies for handling potentially scary situations like going to the doctor, hearing sirens, or meeting a new dog.
- Sid the Science Kid: Read and Play App - Download this Sid the Science Kid app full of stories and fun activities aimed at developing early science exploration. Your child can explore germs and senses and play with a virtual sticker book.
- PBS Parents: Reading Activities at the Doctor's Office - Reading at the doctor’s office is one way to help your child relax while waiting for the doctor. Follow these age-by-age insights to get the most out of your reading during your wait.